SERVICE AND REPAIR
A hearing instrument is a delicate, high-tech, electronic device and its operating lifespan depends greatly on its proper care. Gentle handling, occasional preventive maintenance, and a few simple precautions will result in longer life and less expense to its owner. It is important that your instrument be serviced by the office where you purchased it. Trained Hearing Instrument Specialists will provide you with continuing service.
Here are a few general suggestions for the proper care of your hearing instrument:
- Keep the hearing instrument dry and avoid excessive heat.
- Remove spent batteries immediately.
- Do not drop on hard surfaces.
- Protect the hearing instrument from hard knocks.
- Do not use hair spray while wearing the instrument.
- Turn the instrument off each time you remove it.
- Never use alcohol or cleaning fluid to clean the earmold or instrument.
- Your Hearing Instrument Specialist can explain the proper procedure for keeping the earmold clean.
- Do not attempt to repair the instrument yourself. If it is not working properly, consult your Hearing Instrument Specialist.
- Proper care and maintenance will significantly extend the lifetime of your hearing system